Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Melon, How I Love Thee

I'm headed to Mexico for a week next Monday, and am trying to avoid buying more food than I need within this next week.  While I was at Thrifty Foods in South Surrey on Sunday night, I was instructed by the hubby to pick 3 fruits that I would 100% eat before the week was over.  The one I'm going to highlight today (if you didn't guess by the title of this post) is melon!  I bought a nice round honeydew.

Melon is fantastic because it is very low in calories. 1 cup only contains approximately 60 cals!  It is also is rich in vitamins A, B and C (hello immune system boost!), as well as has a high volume of water, which means melon's a great snack to help you sneak that daily water in.

I know melon's a selective taste but I love it.  Here's a protein-filled smoothie recipe:

Honeydew Smoothie

1 Cup diced honeydew
1/2 Cup Skim or 1% Milk
1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogourt
1 Cup Ice

Throw in a blender and smoothie away!  If you need a thicker consistency, add more ice and yogourt and less milk.

Delicious!

~Jenn
www.oceancitymobilefitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment