Thursday, October 21, 2010

Even a Personal Trainer has to Make the Time to Train

Training's had me SWAMPED over the last few weeks and needless to say, I've gotten a bit off track with my workout schedule.  I usually devote an hour a day to some form of exercise or another (not including anything I do with my clients), but it has been seriously hard to make the time lately!

So to keep things interesting and to fit my exercise in with the time I have, I've decided to try something a little different than what I'm used to.  As we all know the internet is full of sites with useful fitness information (including yours truly), so I've compiled a list of my 10 favourite and will do a different one each day.  Here's the first four I've done as of today**:

Health.com's Burn 350 cals in under 30 min Workout  - so far I've liked this one the best as it incorporates HIIT training (combining fast bursts of strength and cardio to keep your heart rate changing).
Free Workouts Guide Full Body Circuit - Advanced - don't mind the animations, they're pretty hokey!  Not my favourite, but it still got the job done.
Experience Life Mag's Squeeze it in Strength Workout - this one's complete with a warm-up and focuses on strength only.
WebMD's 30 minute workout with slideshow instructions - excellent for beginners, just be mindful of keeping your core engaged during all your exercises, but especially ones like deadlifts where you could really strain your lower back!

So in between each of these workouts, I had one day off wher I performed cardio only.  It's EXTREMELY important to allow your muscles to recover between workouts, because that's when the magic happens!  Lactic acid is broken down, the microscopic tears in your muscle are healed and your body starts taking on that new beautiful shape!  If you're really not feeling up to even cardio, then even a simple brisk walk will do the trick.  Keeping that body moving will help break that lactic acid down faster and help with a speedy recovery before your next workout!

This journey's been fun so far and even though some of the workouts are similar, it's always nice to have a workout provided by someone other than myself :)

As always, consult your doctor before starting any new exercise or diet plan and please remember that these workouts are simply what I'm doing with my free time, and are not meant to be taken as medical advice!  Contact me for modifications to any of the exercises you see above.

**If you do plan on trying any of these workouts, remember to always start with a warm-up of 5-10 minutes including dynamic stretching so you can prepare those joints and muscles for what you're about to put them through.  Also, finish off each workout with a nice long stretch to help speed the recovery process and keep you limber.

Yours in fitness,
Jenn
www.oceancitymobilefitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment