Saturday, October 23, 2010

More 30 Minute Workouts

Ahhhh, good old Saturday morning.  The weather sure has changed fast, hasn't it (I'm showing my age talking about the weather, aren't I)?  As an outdoor fitness instructor who's training at 6am Monday to Friday, I tend to get the first taste of the darn temperature drop!  I actually have worn gloves at least once this week:(  Since I have a busy schedule this weekend and a sister who's expecting a sweet little baby girl to pop out at any second, I wanted to be sure to get my workout in quickly and also indoors if I needed to rush to the hospital at the drop of a dime.

After browsing the internet yesterday afternoon I stumbled upon my latest 30 minute workout.  It's slightly more advanced, and although they offer you modifications there really isn't a full explanation on how to do these exercises safely.  Be mindful of engaging your core and keep those knees behind the toes!!!  You don't need a step to do this workout effectively either*.

Any of my bootcampers will have done probably ALL of these moves so I'm confident you can handle this workout!

Here's the plan: Fitness Magazine's Transform Your Body in 30 Minutes

One thing I did differently was incorporate the "Cardio to Go" portions after each of the strength exercises in 45sec sets to keep the time down. If you're a client of mine then a) you know how much I LOVE interval training and b) you've seen some fantastic results because of it!  Adding that cardio did increase the workout to about 45minutes though so keep that in mind when powering through your session.  I got sweaty and burned around 300 calories while I was at it, not too shabby!

Tomorrow I'm going to be starting a new weekly series especially for you South Surrey/White Rock residents.  I will be highlighting a new place each week where I go to get a fantastic outdoor workout with little to no equipment.  Stay tuned!!!

Yours on this sweaty Saturday morning,
Jenn
www.oceancitymobilefitness.com

*Please remember that you should consult with a doctor before starting any sort of new fitness or diet program and my opinions are just that - opinions and aren't meant to be taken as medical advice!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment